About Spiti Valley
A valley in the middle of mountains, home for some amazing villages, lakes, Monasteries, peaks and wild life. Situated at North Eastern part of India, in state Himachal Pradesh, its a beautiful but rough high altitude mountain desert.
Beautiful in all seasons, Spiti gets into it’s full form in summers when you can expect to see some green in the desert Accessible through roads only, from either Shimla side or Manali side.
Know about SpitiSpiti
What’s in it for you?
- Beautiful views and vistas through 12 amazing villages in Spiti valley.
- Access to some unique and unseen places/villages, based on the weather condition.
- Unlimited photography
- Enjoying the local cuisine.
- Unlimited photography mentor-ship by YellowPeak’s team.
- An overview session on Basics of Photography and Adobe Lightroom.
- Understand and experience the rural life in Spiti.
- A fully managed trip, with no hassle of worrying about logistics.
06-May Saturday – Chandigarh to Kalpa
- Start the long drive from Chandigarh to Kalpa, passing through the beautiful mountains towns of Shimla, Narkanda, Rampur and Karcham dam.
07-May Sunday – Kalpa to Kaza
- Time to leave Kinnaur and enter Spiti valley. Driving by Nako, Tabo and Dhankar. Night stay at Kaza
08-May Monday – Kaza to Kibber
- Drive from Kaza to Kibber, explore around Gete and night stay at Kibber.
09-May Tuesday – Kibber to Langza
- Lets move to another beautiful village Langza, but not before exploring Hikkim and Komic.
10-May Wednesday – Langza to Demul
- A beautiful hidden village is the target of the day, and if time permits, a walk towards Lallung village.
11-May Thursday – Demul to Gulling
- Our last beautiful village of the trip, a beautiful home stay, local food
12-May Friday – Gulling to Kalpa
- Gulling to Kalpa, time to head back home
13-May Saturday – Kalpa to Chandigarh
- Last day drive
- Local Transport in SUV/MUV for the whole trip plan from Chandigarh to Chandigarh.
- All governments’ fees and taxes for normal journey within Spiti.
- All basic meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), morning and evening tea.
- Daily need of water, to be filled in reusable bottles to avoid excessive plastic bottles
- Accommodation on double sharing basis, in 3 star or equivalent hotels/Home Stays.
- We will share list of all accommodations after you complete the registration and confirm with payment.
- Banners and Stickers
- Walkie Talkies in each Self Drive vehicle.
- Toilet Tents for ladies.
- Support Vehicle for the whole trip.
- Just in case if you need a single occupancy room, it will be at extra cost and we need to know it well in advance.
- Flight or travel expenses to reach India and Chandigarh.
- VISA expanse if any Travel or medical Insurance.
- Vehicle, Fuel and Breakdown maintenance for Self drive vehicles.
- Any fine or challan to be paid by the driver or participants (in Self drive cars) in actual to authorities.
- Any medical emergency or rescue cost.
- Photography equipment of any kind.
- Hotel and Other costs added to the trip, in addition to proposed plan, due to road blockage, Political unrest or landslide, has to be paid on actual basis, by participants.
- Any tips and gratuities to staff. Extra meals, visits and activities not indicated.
- Items of a personal nature, including alcoholic beverages, laundry and telephone calls.
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- A refundable security deposit of INR 5000 for the Walki-Talkie, to be paid by one of the participants from each Self Drive car. In case of Loss or damage of handset, appropriate amount will be deducted from security.
Terms & Conditions
- All the participants should have a valid passport or a government ID
- We will request for a scanned copy of the same during the registration process
- Photography is restricted for some of the areas and objects like bridges, Army camps and office, some for the restricted zones Please ask before taking a picture of or with an Army personnel or local.
- Final decision on the logistics, plan, options remains with the trip organizer. All need to abide with the proposed plan, unless there is need to change the plan under unavoidable conditions.
- 75% Refund for cancelling the trip 8 weeks before the start date 50% Refund for cancelling the trip 4 weeks or less, before the start date
- In case of the trips getting cancelled due to unavailable circumstances, we will refund the money after deducting the administrative changes
Q: How do I know more about Spiti
A: Please go through our page http://yellowpeaks.com/spiti
Q: What will be the expected temperature and weather?
A : Day temperature will hover around 15-20 degree Celsius, while night temperature can go down to 10 degree.
Q: Roads remains open in Summer?
A: Yes,but its always unpredictable and needs to be tracked
Q: What are the precautions for photography gears?
A: You don’t need to worry much about the professional gears much, they are built to sustain such extreme weathers. For basic gears, just keep that battery at warm places like inner pocket and avoid sudden transition from cold to warm places. Battery tend to drain faster in colder conditions
Q: I had no time to prepare, can I buy warm cloths in Spiti?
A: Not recommended, better plan an buy in advance, worst case we will help ypu get it from Spiti but the availability is not guaranteed.
Q: Is there some trekking involved in this?
A: No, only casual walks through the places for photography
Q: I have medical history related to breathing, blood pressure or anything significant, Can I travel at such height and low temperature?
A: Please consult your doctor for the same.
Q: What about the phone connectivity?
A: Only BSNL/MTNL works beyond Kinnaur and in all Spiti region
Q: What kind vehicles will be used for the trip, will they have snow chains if required?
A: We have the trusted Utility vehicles lined for this trip. For the snow drives, vehicles will have snow chains. Drivers are experts in driving under snow conditions.