A self-drive experience to Spiti valley is second none. And we make it much more enjoyable for you by letting you enjoy the driving and places, while we do all the logistics support for you in the background. With road conditions getting better in recent years, the drive to Kinnaur and Spiti valley is becoming much safer and enjoyable.
We can provide you all the accommodation support during your trip. And if you would like to add little adventure into the trip, we can arrange things like motorbike for local excursions, arrange easy treks for some days etc.
About Spiti Valley
A valley in the middle of mountains, home for some amazing villages, lakes, Monasteries, peaks and wild life. Situated at North Eastern part of India, in state Himachal Pradesh, its a beautiful but rough high altitude mountain desert.
Beautiful in all seasons, Spiti gets into it’s full form in summers when you can expect to see some green in the desert Accessible through roads only, from either Shimla side or Manali side.
Know about SpitiSpiti
What’s in it for you?
- Beautiful views and vistas of Spiti valley.
- Access to some unique and unseen places/villages, based on the weather condition.
- Unlimited photography
- Enjoying the local cuisine.
- Unlimited photography mentor-ship by YellowPeak’s team.
- An overview session on Basics of Photography and Adobe Lightroom.
- Understand and experience the rural life in Spiti.
- A fully managed trip, with no hassle of worrying about logistics.
Day 1 – Chandigarh to Narkanda
Day 2 – Narkanda to Kalpa
Day 3 – Kalpa to Tabo
Day 4 – Tabo – Pin Valley (Gulling)
Day 5 – Explore Pin Valley
Day 6 – Gulling – Langza – Hikkim – Komic – Kaza
Day 7 – Kaza – Kibber – Kaza
Day 8 – Kaza – Chandrataal
Day 9 – Chandrataal – Manali
- Two basic meals (breakfast & dinner).
- Accommodation on double sharing basis, in 3 star or equivalent hotels/Home Stays.
- Just in case if you need a single occupancy room, it will be at extra cost and we need to know it well in advance.
- Flight or travel expenses to reach India and Chandigarh.
- Transport of any kind
- VISA expanse if any Travel or medical Insurance.
- Any medical emergency or rescue cost.
- Photography equipment of any kind.
- Hotel and Other costs added to the trip, in addition to proposed plan, due to road blockage, Political unrest or landslide, has to be paid on actual basis, by participants.
- Any tips and gratuities to staff. Extra meals, visits and activities not indicated.
- Items of a personal nature, including alcoholic beverages, laundry and telephone calls.
- Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- All the participants should have a valid passport or a government ID
- We will request for a scanned copy of the same during the registration process
- Photography is restricted for some of the areas and objects like bridges, Army camps and office, some for the restricted zones Please ask before taking a picture of or with an Army personnel or local.
- Final decision on the logistics, plan, options remains with the trip organizer. All need to abide with the proposed plan, unless there is need to change the plan under unavoidable conditions.
- 75% Refund for cancelling the trip 8 weeks before the start date 50% Refund for cancelling the trip 4 weeks or less, before the start date
Q: How do I know more about Spiti
A: Please go through our page http://yellowpeaks.com/spiti
Q: What will be the expected temperature and weather?
A : Day temperature will hover around 15-20 degree Celsius, while night temperature can go down to 10 degree.
Q: Roads remains open in Summer?
A: Yes,but its always unpredictable and needs to be tracked
Q: What are the precautions for photography gears?
A: You don’t need to worry much about the professional gears much, they are built to sustain such extreme weathers. For basic gears, just keep that battery at warm places like inner pocket and avoid sudden transition from cold to warm places. Battery tend to drain faster in colder conditions
Q: I had no time to prepare, can I buy warm cloths in Spiti?
A: Not recommended, better plan an buy in advance, worst case we will help ypu get it from Spiti but the availability is not guaranteed.
Q: Is there some trekking involved in this?
A: No, only casual walks through the places for photography
Q: I have medical history related to breathing, blood pressure or anything significant, Can I travel at such height and low temperature?
A: Please consult your doctor for the same.
Q: What about the phone connectivity?
A: Only BSNL/MTNL works beyond Kinnaur and in all Spiti region
Q: What kind vehicles will be used for the trip, will they have snow chains if required?
A: We have the trusted Utility vehicles lined for this trip. For the snow drives, vehicles will have snow chains. Drivers are experts in driving under snow conditions.