Alot has been said and written about Ladakh, but it still remains unexplored at many sectors.
Every corner and turn will lure you to stop and click pics. Will invoke artistic and philosophical side of yours.
June is the perfect weather to explore Ladakh, with pleasant temperature during day time and manageably cold during night.
While Ladakh is a high altitude desert, you will find amazing variety of flora, fauna and wild life
Know about LadakhLadakh
What’s in it for you?
- 1. Beautiful views and vistas
- 2. Access to some unique and unseen places, based on the weather condition.
- 3. An interesting plan specially designed by us after 10 years of travelling to Ladakh.
- 4. Enjoying the local cuisine.
- 5. Unlimited photography mentor-ship by YellowPeaks team.
- 6. An overview session on Basics of Photography and Adobe Lightroom.
- 7. Even if you are joining as solo traveller or rider, you will never feel alone.
- 8. A fully managed trip, with no hassle of worrying about logistics, you just sit in Taxi, drive your vehicle or ride your bike
24-June Saturday D-Day
- when we will start our drive from Delhi, all the way to Manali, with couple of stoppages in between
- Will start early from Manali to cross Rohtang pass at the earliest and reach Jispa by afternoon.
- Long drive today, all the way Leh
- Time to acclimatize better, short drives around Leh
- A drive towards Lamayuru side, with ashort break at Indus-Zanskar confluence.
- Drive to Nubra valley, via Khardungla Pass
- Enjoy Nubra valley, we may do a day drive to Turtuk if the group is feeling better.
- A wonderful but challenging drive to Pangong Tso, via Agham-Shayok section.
- A relax day at Pangong Tso – Spangmik. A short drive to Phobrang village
- Another adventurous drive, passing through Chusul and Razangla, with day ending at Chumathang.
- Chumathang to Karzok (Tso Moriri)
- Return Journey, from Karzok to Sarchu.
- Sarchu to Manali
- Local Transport in SUV/MUV for the whole trip from Manali to Manali for People joining in Taxi (Not for Self Drive cars)
- 13 Nights (12 Nights for Taxi Team) accommodations on twin/Triple sharing basis, in 3 star or equivalent hotels/Home Stays. We will share list of all accommodations after you complete the registration and confirm with payment.
- All governments’ fees and taxes for normal journey within Ladakh and Manali.
- All basic meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), morning and evening tea.
- Daily need of drinking Water (To be filled in reusable bottles to avoid too much plastic)
- Banners and Stickers
- Walkie Talkies in each Self Drive vehicle, from Delhi – Ladakh – Manali
- Toilet Tents for ladies.
- Support Vehicle for the whole trip (upto Manali while returning.
- A lunch at Local Ladakhi home.
- Convoy Support for Self Drive Vehicles.
- Complete Medical Kit (Basic medicines for Adults and Kids) with Oxygen Cylinders.
- Support Team will keep track of facilities like Service Centers, Hospitals, Mechanics, Fuel Stations, Hotels if required, Food Stops, Toilet Stops. You can enjoy the drive without worrying about all the logistics hassle.
Minimum three people per vehicle is recommended on Self drive cars, if you are less than that on self drive vehicle, please talk to us.
No walkie talkies for people joining on bikes
- Flight or travel expenses to reach India and Manali.
- VISA expanse if any Travel or medical Insurance.
- Vehicle, Fuel and Breakdown maintenance for Self drive vehicles.
- Any fine or challan to be paid by the driver or participants in actual to authorities.
- Any medical emergency or rescue cost.
- Photography equipment of any kind.
- Hotel and Other costs added to the trip, in addition to proposed plan, due to road blockage, Political unrest or landslide, has to be paid on actual basis, by participants.
- Any tips and gratuities to staff. Extra meals, visits and activities not indicated.
- Items of a personal nature, including alcoholic beverages, laundry and telephone calls.
- Camel Rides at Hunder Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- A refundable security deposit of INR 5000 for the Walki-Talkie, to be paid by one of the participants from each Self Drive car. In case of Loss or damage of handset, appropriate amount will be deducted from security.
- On Rent at Leh Bicycle – good for local Leh adventure, Motor Bike, Jackets and other accessories
- All the participants should have a valid passport or a government ID
- We will request for a scanned copy of the same during the registration process
- Photography is restricted for some of the areas and objects like bridges, Army camps and office, some for the restricted zones Please ask before taking a picture of or with an Army personnel or local.
- Final decision on the logistics, plan, options remains with the trip organizer. All need to abide with the proposed plan, unless there is need to change the plan under unavoidable conditions.
- 75% Refund for cancelling the trip 8 weeks before the start date 50% Refund for cancelling the trip 4 weeks or less, before the start date
- In case of the trips getting cancelled due to unavailable circumstances, we will refund the money after deducting the administrative changes
Q: I am solo, can join the trip?
A: Absolutely, that is one the key reason we have a taxi as part of the convoy.
Q: What will be the expected temperature and weather?
A : Day temperature will hover around 20-25 degree Celsius, while night temperature can go down to 4-5 degree.
Q: Roads remains open in Ladakh?
A: Yes, Summer is the best time to get on to the road journey for Ladakh.
Q: What are the precautions for photography gears?
A: You don’t need to worry about the professional gears much, they are built to sustain such extreme weathers. For basic gears, just keep that battery at warm places like inner pocket and avoid sudden transition from cold to warm places. Battery tend to drain faster in colder conditions
Q: I had no time to prepare, can I buy warm clothes in Ladakh?
A: Not recommended, though not much warmer cloths are required as such in summer. We will share a separate packing list with the final participants.
Q: Is there some trekking involved in this?
A: No, only casual walks through the places for photography
Q: I have medical history related to breathing, blood pressure or anything significant, Can I travel at such height and low temperature?
A: Please consult your doctor for the same.
Q: What about the phone connectivity?
A: Only Postpaid BSNL/Airtel works in Ladakh region, details will shared later.
Q: What kind vehicles will be used for the trip, will they have snow chains if required?
A: We have the trusted Utility vehicles lined for this trip. Drivers are experts in driving under tough conditions.