Alot has been said and written about Ladakh, but it still remains unexplored at many sectors.
Every corner and turn will lure you to stop and click pics. Will invoke artistic and philosophical side of yours.
June is the perfect weather to explore Ladakh, with pleasant temperature during day time and manageably cold during night.
While Ladakh is a high altitude desert, you will find amazing variety of flora, fauna and wild life
Know about LadakhSpiti
What’s in it for you?
- 1. Beautiful views and vistas
- 2. Access to some unique and unseen places, based on the weather condition.
- 3. An interesting plan specially designed by us after 10 years of travelling to Ladakh.
- 4. Enjoying the local cuisine.
- 5. Unlimited photography mentor-ship by YellowPeaks team.
- 6. An overview session on Basics of Photography and Adobe Lightroom.
- 7. Even if you are joining as solo traveller or rider, you will never feel alone.
- 8. A fully managed trip, with no hassle of worrying about logistics, you just sit in Taxi, drive your vehicle or ride your bike
- Local Transport in SUV/MUV for the whole trip from Manali to Manali for People joining in Taxi (Not for Self Drive cars)
- accommodations on twin/Triple sharing basis, in 3 star or equivalent hotels/Home Stays. We will share list of all accommodations after you complete the registration and confirm with payment.
- All governments’ fees and taxes for normal journey within Ladakh and Manali.
- All basic meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), morning and evening tea.
- Daily need of drinking Water (To be filled in reusable bottles to avoid too much plastic)
- A lunch at Local Ladakhi home.
- Flight or travel expenses to reach India and Manali.
- VISA expanse if any Travel or medical Insurance.
- Vehicle, Fuel and Breakdown maintenance for Self drive vehicles.
- Any fine or challan to be paid by the driver or participants in actual to authorities.
- Any medical emergency or rescue cost.
- Photography equipment of any kind.
- Hotel and Other costs added to the trip, in addition to proposed plan, due to road blockage, Political unrest or landslide, has to be paid on actual basis, by participants.
- Any tips and gratuities to staff. Extra meals, visits and activities not indicated.
- Items of a personal nature, including alcoholic beverages, laundry and telephone calls.
- Camel Rides at Hunder Anything else not mentioned in the inclusions
- A refundable security deposit of INR 5000 for the Walki-Talkie, to be paid by one of the participants from each Self Drive car. In case of Loss or damage of handset, appropriate amount will be deducted from security.
- On Rent at Leh Bicycle – good for local Leh adventure, Motor Bike, Jackets and other accessories
Terms & Conditions
- All the participants should have a valid passport or a government ID
- We will request for a scanned copy of the same during the registration process
- Photography is restricted for some of the areas and objects like bridges, Army camps and office, some for the restricted zones Please ask before taking a picture of or with an Army personnel or local.
- Final decision on the logistics, plan, options remains with the trip organizer. All need to abide with the proposed plan, unless there is need to change the plan under unavoidable conditions.
- Ladakh in winter is highly unpredictable, and plans can change due to snowfall. We might have to change plans and locations while on trip, based on situation.
- While Leh will have proper hotels with limited duration room heating, most of the stay arrangements in remote areas will be with guest houses and home stays. We will ensure it’s clean and hygienic, but room heating will be very limited.
- We will need a copy of an ID proof issued by government organization for permits and other processes. You need to carry the same ID all the time during the trip.
- You are responsible for keeping Ladakh clean and we would need your help to bring back all our garbage back to Leh where it can be disposed of properly.
- Winter is tough time not just for humans but for local wild life. Do not disturb or provoke wildlife for the sake of a good picture.
- 75% Refund for cancelling the trip 8 weeks before the start date 50% Refund for cancelling the trip 4 weeks or less, before the start date
- In case of the trips getting cancelled due to unavailable circumstances, we will refund the money after deducting the administrative changes
Q: What will be the expected temperature and weather?
A : Day temperature will hover around -5 to -10 degree Celsius, while night temperature can go down to -20 and at some places to -30 degree.
Q: Roads remains open in winter?
A: Yes, most of the roads inside Ladakh region remains open, there could be a blockage due to snow fall, but gets cleared in a day or so.
Q: What is AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness)?
A: AMS is result of sudden exposure to reduced air pressure and lower oxygen level at high altitude. General symptoms are Headache, Fatigue, Nausea, and Loss of appetite, sleeplessness, heavy breathing. Descending down and inhaling oxygen can cure it faster. That is why we recommend to spend at least two days in Leh, so that you get some time to acclimatize.
Q: What are the precautions for photography gears?
A: You don’t need to worry much about the professional gears much, they are built to sustain such extreme weathers. For basic gears, just keep that battery at warm places like inner pocket and avoid sudden transition from cold to warm places. Battery tend to drain faster in colder conditions
Q: I had no time to prepare, can I buy warm cloths in Leh?
A: Yes you can, though I would prefer you buy it at home location and try it out couple of times
Q: Is there some trekking involved in this?
Q: I have medical history related to breathing, blood pressure or anything significant, Can I travel at such height and low temperature?
A: Please consult your doctor for the same.
Q: What about the phone connectivity
A: Only postpaid Airtel and BSNL works with no guarantee of tower working.